Posted October 25th, 2014 @ 04:21pm by Erik J. Barzeski
Retailers are banding together to:
- Keep more money for themselves
- Limit choices for consumers (you can still pay with your VISA, at no extra cost to the retailer, but you can't do it by waving your phone in front of a machine?)
- Directly withdraw payments from your checking account
- Decrease security for consumers (CC companies, and Apple, care about security. Retailers have proven they do not.)
- Force QR Codes (seriously, QR Codes???) on people
Again, NOT supporting Apple Pay is dumb. They will not be able to say "we don't take VISA" any time soon, so they're literally limiting you to SWIPING your card instead of the more secure NFC way of one-time numbers and sharing/storing no personal information.
I hope Apple and Google simply don't allow these apps to be sold. Not that it's a necessary move.
Shame on you, MCX and Wal-Mart, CVS, Rite-Aid, Best Buy, 7-11, etc.