After complaining about how WordPress formats "read more" links, I spent a little while kicking out the first version of this plugin. It works well in my tests, but as a version 0.1, I don't know that it will work for everyone. It's also not as efficient as it could be: this is "working" code that I'm releasing for further testing.
BetterWPReadMore provides you more customization options to format your "read more..." links. This plugin offers four options:
- Remove <a id="more-xxxx"> on individual pages.
- Remove "#more-xxxx" from "read more" links on index.
- Add title to "Read More" links on index.
- Put "Read More" links in their own paragraph.
- BetterWPReadMore.zip (two files - plugin file and admin options file).
This plugin has no warranty. That being said, I've been using it for a few weeks without problems. You may not like how the emails look, but I find them a bit more palatable.
Installation and Use
- Download and unzip the folder.
- Upload the "BetterWPReadMore" folder to your
- Activate the plugin.
- Visit the "Options" page, click "BetterWPReadMore," and configure some settings.
- Note: BetterWPReadMore applies a
class="readmorelink"to either the
<p>tag (depending on how you've set that option). If you want to style your "read more" link, do so with
0.1 (November 20, 2006)
- Initial release
0.2 (January 23, 2006)
- Added WordPress 2.1 support. Should be backwards compatible with WordPress 2.0.x.