Posted October 23rd, 2013 @ 08:36pm by Erik J. Barzeski
So I've got this unusual problem. Safari on my Mac Pro will not load twitter.com (or twitter.com/iacas, or any other twitter.com URL).
- It's not the computer (and a messed up Hosts file or something), because other browsers work.
- It's not the installation of Safari or the OS, because a guest user account can access twitter.com.
- It's not the contents of ~/Library/Safari/ because I deleted it and Safari still couldn't visit the site.
- I also fully "Reset" Safari, repaired permissions, and restarted the computer.
- My keychains are fine. Keychain First Aid" is fine.
What can I try next?
2013-10-24 Update: I also cannot load PayPal or, seemingly, any secure site. I've moved the contents of my ~/.ssh folder. I've deleted com.apple.security* from my ~/Library/Preferences/. I've turned on and off the Firewall. Other browsers and other users on the same machine continue to work fine. I can access my online banking, which uses https of course.
- Changing the MTU didn't work (I don't have Rapport).
- Parental controls are not enabled. I've
chown -R iacasmy ~/Library folder.
- Safari in Recovery mode (cmd-R at boot up) works fine.
- Trashing my entire ~/Library does NOT fix the problem (I did so on a duplicate startup drive). I even logged out and back in when trying this.