I wrote BetterWPMail because I didn't like the look of the emails WordPress sends you when someone adds a comment. You receive two types of emails: notification and moderation.
This plugin cleans up the look of both, adds a few helpful URLs (like an "Edit" link in the "moderation" emails), and is minutely faster due to one less MySQL call. This plugin operates by overriding two of the "pluggable" functions,
This plugin has no warranty. That being said, I've been using it for a few weeks without problems. You may not like how the emails look, but I find them a bit more palatable.
Installation and Use
- Download (and unzip if necessary) the file you'd like.
- Name the file "BetterWPMail.php" and upload the file to your
- Activate the plugin.
0.1 (November 10, 2006)
- Initial release
0.1.1 (November 15, 2006)
- Added an "edit" link to the MODERATE email
- Removed &p= from a few of the URLs as unnecessary
0.2 (November 28, 2006)
- Tweaked location of article permalink to match across both formats
0.3 (January 23, 2007)
- Added WordPress 2.1 support. Removed WordPress 2.0.x support due to changed URLs for editing comments.
0.4 (February 8, 2007)
- Removed a rogue "Entry :" from pingback notification
0.5 (January 22, 2009)
- Added standard "-- " to leave out 'edit' links when you reply in most email clients