PPEndLoop exists because I liked the functionality of the ImageCycle addon, but I didn't want to truly "cycle" my images when I reached the beginning and end. With ImageCycle, when a visitor to your PixelPost photoblog reaches the first or last image, the "Next" or "Previous" link will wrap around to the other side, potentially confusing people.
PPEndLoop will correctly provide a "Next" and "Previous" link when available, and when not, will provide the unlinked text. It can also provide a thumbnail, the image name, and the URL - for both next and previous images when available - and degrades gracefully when not by providing nothing (literally no text: "") or the default text (like "Next" or "No Previous Image") for each situation.
Official Addon Page
This addon has no warranty. That being said, I've been using it without problems.
Installation and Use
- Download (and unzip if necessary) the file you'd like.
- Name the file "ppendloop.php" and upload the file to your
- Activate the addon.
1.0 (September 9, 2008)
- Initial release (on my own blog)
1.0.1 (November 26, 2008)
- Released on http://nslog.com/plugins/
- Changed the name from "Erik's Image Ender" to "PPEndLoop"
1.1 (November 26, 2008)
- Added functionality for next and previous title, thumbnail, and URL.