Subscribe to
NSLog(); Header Image

Going to the UK, Need a Power Adapter

So I'm going to the UK (Scotland) in a month or so and need a power adapter plug. I'll only be taking a few electronics - my MacBook Air (45W power brick, can take 240V) and maybe my battery charger for my camera.

What should I get? I believe I can get away with just an adapter, and don't need a converter, but which one? I don't need all of Europe - I'm just going to Scotland - but there are many choices on Amazon.

Anyone done any travel and can recommend something? Your help is appreciated.


3 Responses to "Going to the UK, Need a Power Adapter"


    This one will do for the UK and all of Europe. Best to get one that does not only the UK but also Europe in case in the future your travel plans include Europe.

  2. Thanks. I ordered one like that but it cost about $6 (but was available to Amazon Prime). Same exact looking one, in fact, just sold via Amazon so I get free shipping. 🙂

    I also got a converter. I don't know if I'll need it, but better safe than sorry perhaps.

    Thank you.

  3. Occasionally there is a issue with 240V with power bricks. In Spain one time during a trade show, one of our computers power bricks caught on fire and evacuated a very large convention hall because it caught the table cloth on fire. I have not had a problem with this with my Mac power brick, but just something to watch for.